Thursday, October 22, 2009

Transparency

So, here's an update on our Buy Nothing New challenge. We've done remarkably well, but we do have 2 items we need to purchase. First, we are out of lunch bags, again. I did this last year and had the same results. What is it with lunch bags? I think we go through way more than we anticipate. How did we come to this point? I don't understand it.

The second is this. We finished our book (Don reads to kids every night before bed) and we need the next one in the series. These are not life or death needs, but Don and the kids feel that both items fall int the category of "school needs" in our Buy Nothing New Loopholes. Hmm. I am ruled by the masses. Off we go. But - for future books in the series we are reading, I'm going on Amazon today to buy used copies. Lunch bags are kind of hard to come by used.

Anyway, in the spirit of full disclosure, this is my confession of leading a life of self-justification.

2 comments:

  1. Bookcrossing.com is a great book trading site and you can find almost any book on there as long as you pass it along when you are finished. I have done this with many of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about reusable lunch bags? No?

    ReplyDelete